111 Places in Florence & Northern Tuscany That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Florence and Northern Tuscany
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Millions of travellers visit Tuscany every year seeking out new and interesting experiences
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Michelangelo’s David, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the smooth cypress hills – these are among the celebrated must-see sights of Tuscany. Yet the cultural landscape of Florence and the surrounding countryside is an inexhaustible trove of visual and historical gems if you know where to look, that is. Where, for instance, can you find 1,000 Masonic objects and symbols? Where does the official championship in cheese-throwing take place? Where was a memorial dedicated to a king’s assassin, and where can you see a double-dawn? This book will lead you right inside the turbulent history, exciting stories, and unexpected sites and pleasures of Tuscany.
Discover frescos, sculptures and other great and peculiar works of art in hidden locales; try the culinary classics and lesser-known Tuscan treats enjoyed by locals; and seek out breathtaking views from unexpected locations.
- Emons Verlag
- 27th May 2015
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Germany and Austria
- 204 mm x 136 mm
- 240 Pages
- 111 color
- Name of series
- 111 Places/Shops
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.