111 Places in Iceland That You Shouldn't Miss
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- The ultimate insider's guide to Iceland
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 170 titles and 1 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (over 338,000 people call Iceland home) and the tourist market (nearly 1.3 million people visit Iceland every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Full DescriptionIceland's specialties are its contrasts. The capital of Reykjavík offers urban life with an unbelievable cultural variety, yet you can find yourself in total isolation as soon as you travel into the barren lava landscapes of the island. Fire and ice have not only shaped the unmistakable face of Iceland, they have also produced a special kind of people. Regardless of volcanic eruptions, financial crises, or long winters, Icelanders love their country. So will you once you are on the trail of the Lagerfljot Worm Monster, dancing through Reykjavík's long party nights, or bumping into a solar-powered Coke machine in the middle of the East Fjords. In this entertaining and informative book, Kai Oidtmann leads you to places that cannot be found in other guides. He shares his extensive insider knowledge and presents a picture of Iceland so charming that you will want to buy your plane ticket immediately.