111 Places in Provence That You Must Not Miss
- 111 surprising and little-known tourist attractions to be found in Provence
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market and the tourist market
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
The Papal palace is familiar. But who would imagine finding an internees camp or milestones of modern architecture in Provence? Did you know that one of the biggest and most beautiful French bookstores is in a hamlet with 1,000 inhabitants? Who knows the house in which Max Ernst lived before he went into exile? Who knows where you can buy salamis by the metre, and where the world’s deepest karst spring can be found? Far from the typical clichés, this book shows unknown niches in Provence – 111 surprises large and small that tell stories and reveal the extraordinary.