111 Shops in Milan That You Must Not Miss
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- The ultimate insider's shopping guide to Milan, one of the world's premier shopping destinations
- Features interesting and unusual stores not found in traditional travel or shopping guides
- Just in time for Expo 2015, when Milan will welcome nearly 20 million visitors (and potential shoppers!), all looking to take a piece of the design capital of Italy home with them
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Full DescriptionMilan is one of the fastest moving and fashion forward cities in the world. Here, trend is everything and only the present and future seem to count. What's hip in Milan influences boardrooms, runways, and commerce all over the world. But you needn't shop like a Hilton girl to find extraordinary and unexpected treasures in this urban hive of high style. Secreted away are many special, intriguing, and ultra-cool shops that even most Milan hipsters have never heard of. This guide will lead you right to their doorsteps, and remind you what makes this ancient city so thrillingly modern. Far from the mainstream Via Montenapoleone, discover the historical neighbourhood of Isola, brimming with contemporary designers, artists, and artisans. Or visit the traditional farmer's markets near Porta Garibaldi, purchase a newly crafted harpsichord that's an exact replica of a 1600s original, and shop for botanicals in an urban Garden of Eden. Experience the true spirit of Milan, a city of endless contrasts and creativity - and host of Expo 2015.