Around the Globe
Behind the Scenes at Shakespeare's Theatre
- A unique insight into this remarkable and much-loved theatre
- A major global cultural attraction
- Unprecedented access to life behind the scenes
- Beautifully recorded by renowned photographer Angela Moore
- Will appeal to all who love theatre, history and London
- The ideal gift or keepsake for Shakespeare's Globe's thousands of supporters and fans
Shakespeare’s Globe is a reconstruction of the Globe Theatre, an Elizabethan playhouse for which Shakespeare wrote his plays, on the south bank of the Thames. The original theatre was built in 1599 and demolished in 1644.
Shakespeare’s Globe was founded by actor and director Sam Wanamaker, built close to the original theatre and opened to the public in 1997. The site also includes the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, an indoor theatre opened in 2014.
Around the Globe offers a unique view of the theatre’s backstage life, props, wardrobe collections and rehearsal spaces, all captured by Angela Moore’s stunning photographs. Shakespeare’s Globe attracts a million visitors a year across its two theatres, engages 120,000 people annually through education projects, and shares its work by touring nationally and internationally. Published for the casual visitor to the Globe as well as its ardent fans, this beautiful book will appeal to anyone who loves theatre or history, or simply wants a piece of iconic London in their home.
- Publish date
- 13th Mar 2023
- 277 mm x 220 mm
- 200 Pages
- 80 color, 30 b&w