Betty Catroux, Yves Saint Laurent
- First monograph dedicated to fashion icon Betty Catroux
- Includes quotes from Yves Saint Lauren and Betty Catroux
- Luxuriously bound and printed
- Accompanies the Betty Catroux, Icon of Yves Saint Laurent exhibition at the Museum Yves Saint Laurent, Paris from March 2020 to July 2020
- Text in English and French
Betty Catroux, Yves Saint Laurent's female double, embodies in the couturier's eyes the androgynous woman and a certain feminine ideal. She personified, better than anyone else, the fascinating enigma of Saint Laurent and his long silhouettes, celebrated around the world and immune to passing trends. One of his closest friends, she was the only model able to keep prototypes of each collection. A collection she just donated to the Yves Saint Laurent Museum 1,200 pieces (clothing and accessories).
This luxuriously bound and printed book presents photographs from the museum's collections and Betty Catroux's personal collection, selected by Anthony Vaccarello.
"You are to me, not only the embodiement of love, but singular elegance." (letter from YSL to Betty Catroux)
Text in English and French.
- Editions Gallimard
- 16th Mar 2020
- World excluding Belgium, France, Switzerland
- 235 mm x 305 mm
- 208 Pages
- 120 color