Boris Herrmann seaexplorer
Abenteuer Vendée Globe 2020/21
- Documents German sailor Boris Herrmann's experience during the 2020 Vendée Globe solo race around the world, which only takes place once every 4 years and is considered one of the toughest
- Recounts his dramatic 5th place finish in his damaged yacht after colliding with a fishing boat
- Action-packed photos and personal reflections with texts in German and English
- Sailing for nature conservation: Boris Herrmann‘s commitment to preservation of the oceans and climate protection
Every four years for 80 days, it’s just you, the wind and the waves, once around the globe. The Vendée Globe is said to be the world‘s hardest regatta, and every four years it pushes the world’s top solo sailors to the limit. This illustrated book documents the 2020/2021 experience of Boris Herrmann, the race’s first German participant. It features fascinating photos of the extreme situations he encountered while sailing “Seaexplorer – Yacht Club de Monaco” around the world, and insight into what makes this likeable solo sailor tick: his love of the sea and nature, and the thrill of solitude. Stunning images tell us about his commitment to climate protection, the preservation of mangrove forests, and the saving of oceans.
Text in English and German.
- Delius Klasing Verlag Gmbh
- Publish date
- 13th Dec 2021
- World excluding Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 300 mm x 240 mm
- 160 Pages
- 395 color