Far Far East
A Tribute to Faraway Asia
- Hello Asia! Travel inspiration for urban escapists, modern nomads, nature-loving city dwellers, and backpackers
- Wanderlust, freedom, adventure: armchair travel for COVID times
- With photographs and personal stories attuned to millennial travellers
- Text in English and German
“…this new book conjures up an intoxicating itinerary for a tour of the Far East with the stunning photographs revealing the region’s most alluring spots.” —Ailbhe Macmahon, Mailonline
“… Travel envy is inevitable after reading this.” —Jade Cuttle, The Times
“Accompanying the stunning photography is insightful and inspiring stories of personal encounters. It’s a homage and a love letter to the kind of travel we were able to do without restrictions.” —John Gilbey, Amateur Photographer
Far Far East is an homage to distant Asia and a love letter to the wanderlust and freedom we miss in pandemic times. From writer and author duo Alexa Schels and Patrick Pichler, this large-format photo book takes readers on a transcontinental journey through eight Far East countries.
Stilt fishermen in Sri Lanka, reindeer nomads in the Mongolian steppes, the pulsating metropolis of Tokyo, and the untamed wilderness of the Himalayas. On each stop of their journey, Schels and Pichler supplement stunning travel photography with inspiring stories of personal encounters. Armchair travel when we need it most — and a reminder of all there is to discover once the world reopens for adventure.
Text in English and German.
- teNeues Books
- 27th Oct 2021
- World excluding Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands
- 300 mm x 235 mm
- 272 Pages
- 240 color