From the Coolest Corner
- Considers the significance, strategies and trends of Nordic art jewellery in the early twenty-first century
- Expert authors present the backgrounds, developments and characteristics of the contemporary jewellery
- Accompanies a travelling exhibition starting at The National Museum of Art Architecture and Design, Oslo, 19 January to 21 April 2013, afterwards at the Design Museum Denmark, Copenhagen, the Design Museum, Helsinki, the Röhsska Museum of Fashion, Design & Decorative Arts, Gothenburg and at Galerie Handwerk, Munich, in March 2015
From the Coolest Corner - Nordic Jewellery presents groundbreaking and fresh jewellery from Northern Europe, a comprehensive selection of current works by artists from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and the Baltic States. The best and most innovative Scandinavian art jewellery is presented, assessing its possibilities and potential at the beginning of the twenty-first century. The project presented in this publication, culminating in a symposium and a travelling exhibition, challenges stereotypical notions of northern European art jewellery. Do the typical Nordic trends of the nineteen-nineties still apply today? Indeed are there currently any general trends at all in Scandinavian design? Or has the orientation towards international design become so dominant that there are no longer any regional characteristics? Renowned experts have made a selection of representative works, as a basis for researching the role of northern European jewellery in the context of international art.
Text in English, Norwegian & Swedish.
- Arnoldsche Art Publishers
- 25th Jan 2013
- UK, US, Eastern Europe, France, Benelux, Japan, South Korea, Africa, South America & Ireland exclusive. South Africa, N&M East non-exclusive
- 230 mm x 250 mm
- 248 Pages
- 228 color