- Exceptional award-winning photography by Sony 'Photographer of the Year' Frederik Buyckx
- Beautifully presented with a Swiss binding
- Accompanies an exhibition at the De Garage in Mechelen, Belgium from 12 October 2019 to 5 January 2020
"For this intense project, Frederik Buyckx built a silent bond with the shepherd community in Kyrgyzstan, who took him on its wanderings. In Frederik's photographs, you can almost feel the wind cut through your skin as you journey by horse through the snow-covered landscape. Everything makes you feel that he is not only there to take pictures, but that he has a genuine sense of empathy." - Magnum photographer Bieke Depoorter
"The work of Buyckx returns to the essence of looking at photography. A landscape is often overlooked but it is central to our existence." - Zelda Cheatle, chair of judges at the Sony World Photography Awards
In his work, photographer Frederik Buyckx (1984) explores remote areas where nature can be overwhelmingly beautiful and unpredictably harsh. In doing so, he systematically sounds out the ultimate boundaries of the elements.
Encounters with unique people are often the occasion for a photo series. In his award-winning series Horse Head, he documents in an inimitable way - and on horseback himself - the isolated lifestyle of semi-nomadic shepherds in Kyrgyzstan.
- Cannibal/Hannibal Publishers
- 16th Dec 2019
- World excluding France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain and Italy
- 380 mm x 240 mm
- 184 Pages