Kimon's Greek Table
How to cook, cherish, and reinvent culinary classics
- Greek soul food for the home, from enjoyable breakfasts to refined mezze to sensual, sweet desserts
- Over 80 recipes bring that Mediterranean holiday feeling right to your table
- With humorous anecdotes, step-by-step instructions, and charming stories from the Aegean coast
- Impressively photographed by the renowned London travel and food photographer Christopher Kennedy, whose atmospheric images skillfully capture the lifestyle of northern Greece
A culinary journey through Greece and a treat for all slow food fans — with more than 80 Mediterranean recipes and entertaining stories from life on the Aegean coast.
Kimon Riefenstahl always carries the sun of Greece in his heart and its flavours on his palette. A passionate hotelier and gourmand, he knows exactly why the best Greek salad keeps its ingredients minimal, why high-quality olive oil makes all the difference, and why a proper Greek mezze can be the making of lifelong friendship. In Kimon’s Greek Table, the passionate chef shares a very personal recipe collection — a mixture of culinary childhood memories, experimental cooking adventures, and Greek cuisine classics. The grandson of an experienced fisherman, the slow food lover is not just interested in a great Greek meal in friendly company; the careful selection and origin of individual ingredients are just as important as the results. From breakfast to evening mains, the majority of his dishes are sourced from small local farms and markets, or indeed from his own vegetable garden and chicken coop. For experienced cooks and curious beginners alike, Kimon’s Greek Table is a beautiful cookbook of Aegean flavours and a rich inspiration for greater culinary pleasure, mindfulness, and deceleration.
All recipes use metric measurements.
- teNeues Verlag GmbH
- 7th May 2021
- World excluding Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands
- 288 mm x 222 mm
- 240 Pages
- 180 color