Lichtjahre / Light Years
Automobilsport - Lifestyle der frühen 60er / Automotive Lifestyle of the Sixties
- Illustrated book about the golden years of Formula 1, limited to 999 copies
- Impressive, never before seen photos by celebrated motorsports photographer Horst H. Baumann
- Grid girls, driver stars, car legends - pictures of cars, people and stories
- Fascinating recordings of racetracks from around the world, such as Nürburgring, Le Mans, Spa and Zandvoort
Top racing drivers, legendary cars, and thrills - the 1960s were the golden age of motorsport. Up close: the photographer Horst H. Baumann and his camera. He was one of the first to record the Formula 1 races in colour photos and published his works in 1965 in the cult book The New Matadors.
Close to it. Full risk. Full of emotion. That was the credo of the celebrated sports photographer. To this day, his vintage photos impress with their breathtaking proximity to the subject and the immediacy of the moment. Captured here is not only the Formula 1 races and their winners, but also what is hidden from the normal spectator, on and next to the race track. Lichtjahre combines the entire spectrum of Baumann's work.
Text in English and German.
- Delius Klasing Verlag Gmbh
- 14th Oct 2020
- 347 mm x 296 mm
- 256 Pages
- 164 color