Porsche 550 Spyder
- Stylish Porsche coffee-table book in a fine collector’s edition, created in close collaboration with the archive of the sports car maker
- Distinctive Porsche design: Stefan Bogner brilliantly stages the different models and years of the 550 Spyder
- Includes a fact book with texts by a renowned Porsche expert with comprehensive information on the development of the vintage Porsche, including the technical data
- Ideal gift for Porsche fans and racing-car enthusiasts
- Limited to 1,500 copies
The 550 Spyder is one of the most exclusive Porsche models of all times and is considered a legendary part of German automobile history. In 1953 Porsche began to build cars especially designed for motorsports, starting with the 1500 RS Spyder, as it was officially called at the time. The sporting successes of the Porsche 550 Spyder are known to all: In 1956 Umberto Maglioli achieved the first motorsports overall-victory for Porsche at the Targa Florio. Numerous victories and podium finishes followed. Until 1957 only around 100 Spyders were built, which makes the car one of the most expensive Porsches today. In 1955 James Dean became a tragic part of the Spyder story when he was killed in an accident while driving a 550 Spyder. In this beautiful, slipcased, book, Stefan Bogner captures the classic and pure form of the Spyder and presents some of the rare original models. A separate factbook contains well – and lesser – known information on this groundbreaking sports car.
Text in English and German
- Delius Klasing Verlag GmbH
- 28th Feb 2022
- World excluding Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 311 mm x 296 mm
- 304 Pages
- 251 color
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.