- Provides a detailed perspective of the process for Residential Architecture in the Southern California region
- Stunning presentation of a high-end contemporary home overlooking the beautiful California coast
- Representative of a strong material palette with articulated details
- Reaches both professional and academics within the Architectural field and design aficionados who appreciate strong contemporary home designs
Tramonto is a contemporary single-family home that integrates the natural beauty of the adjacent state park and ocean views. The placement of the home overlooks the canyon, the surrounding Santa Monica Mountains, and the California coastline.
The diffusion of the built form defines the approach for this 17,000 sqft single-family residence (14,500 sqft main house and 2,500 sqft accessory building) into the surrounding landscape. The two-acre site embraces the steep topography, contending with the context to inform the building's siting and orientation. The project is terraced into the natural contours of the hillside, breaking up the overall building mass while using its sub-grade structure to reinforce the hillside.
The book provides a look into the 17,000 sqft home and its indoor-outdoor lifestyle. Emphasis on significant custom elements highlights the detail-oriented approach that can be found throughout the entirety of the home. From the initial conceptualisation of the exterior form to the construction process and key moments, this book presents the visual story of the home's integration into the Southern California landscape. Tramonto embodies a truly contemporary Southern California attitude, the essential principles of indoor/outdoor living afforded by embracing the temperate region and the natural beauty of the coastal landscape.
- ORO Editions
- Publish date
- 13th Dec 2021
- World excluding USA, Canada, Australasia & Asia (except Japan; China non-exclusive)
- 254 mm x 356 mm
- 150 Pages
- 120 color