111 Places in Sheffield That You Shouldn't Miss
Territory: World excluding Germany and Austria
Size: 205 mm x 135 mm
Illustrations: 111 colour
Name of series: 111 Places/111 Shops
- The ultimate insider's guide to Sheffield
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 170 titles and 1 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (over 1.5 million people call Sheffield home) and the tourist market (more than 150,000 people visit Sheffield every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Sheffield is yet to be discovered. Were you aware that football's first professional rule book was written in Sheffield, and that it is home to the oldest ground in professional use? Did you know that climbers the world over come to Stanage Edge for the challenges offered by one of the world's most fearsome millstone grit escarpments? Did you know that the Arctic Monkeys grew up in Sheffield, and that you can see the room at Yellow Arch Studios where they rehearsed as schoolboys and cut their first album? Did you know that the steepest hill in the entire 2012 Tour de France is in Sheffield? Did you know that Sheffield's craft breweries produce some of the finest beers in the world? Did you know that you can walk out of the centre of Sheffield, through parkland, and directly into open countryside?
You need this book fast then, don't you, you soft 'aporth!