111 Places in Glasgow That You Shouldn't Miss
Territory: World excluding Germany and Austria
Size: 205 mm x 135 mm
Illustrations: 111 colour
Name of series: 111 Places/111 Shops
- The ultimate insider's guide to Glasgow
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 250 titles and 1.5 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (almost 600,000 people call Glasgow home) and the tourist market (more than 2 million people visit Glasgow every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Glasgow was once known as the Second City of the British Empire - the powerhouse of the industrial revolution, a great port and merchant city whose architectural and cultural magnificence hid a darker side of urban poverty and squalor. Today the heavy industry is long gone, and 21st-century Glasgow is comfortable in its role as a smaller, cleaner, greener city, a vibrant and stylish centre for the arts and learning, now even more friendly and culturally diverse.
With a wealth of insider's local knowledge and engaging anecdotes, 111 Places in Glasgow That You Shouldn't Miss will guide you round a huge variety of intriguing sights, unique venues and surprising corners of this great city, helping you understand how the people made Glasgow and how Glasgow made its people.