The Rolling Home presents The Culture of Vanlife
Territory: World excluding Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Switzerland & Scandinavia
Size: 275 mm x 210 mm
Illustrations: 240 colour, 30 b&w
- An inspirational book about the freedom and mobility of van life and creating an alternative, on the road, lifestyle
- Written and compiled by the editors of the quarterly Rolling Home Journal (214,000 Instagram followers)
- "With a very small budget and a lot of imagination we slowly created our dream home" - Calum Creasey and Lauren Smith after a road trip of 120,000 km
- "If you could drop everything and travel the world there is no better way to do it than in a volkswagen T4 - at least thats how Calum Creasey, founder of The Rolling Home, makes us feel" - Design tree
- "Home is where you park it" #vanlife
- From the authors of The Rolling Home Journal
Camper vans have allowed us humans to travel the world with greater ease and comfort than ever before. Families, young lovers, solo travellers; just about anyone can find a home on four wheels. With a little imagination and ingenuity even the most dilapidated vehicle can take you to the ends of the earth and back again. To some they offer permanent homes, to others they are the perfect way to escape on the weekend. Camper vans come in many shapes and sizes. With interior's as diverse as the people that inhabit them, there is no wonder we love them so much.
From the fringes of society to the envy-inducing images on social media, how and why has vanlife become more popular than ever before? What does this tell us about our love of travel and our ideas of home? And how do camper vans encompass issues of minimalism, freedom and sustainability?
The creators of The Rolling Home Journal bring you The Culture of Vanlife, including thought-provoking essays, interviews, illustrations and photography. Learn the basics of compact interior design, follow van conversions, and lose yourself in personal accounts of inspiring road trips. Explore the culture, vehicles, people, places and future of vanlife.