111 Places Along the Algarve That You Shouldn't Miss
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- The ultimate insider's guide to the Algarve
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 300 titles and 1.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 450,000 people call the Algarve home) and the tourist market (more than 4 million people visit Portugal every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Full DescriptionThe Algarve is different. On the coast of the former Kingdom of the Algarve the wind blows stronger, the summer is hotter, the cabbages grow bigger, the fruit ripens quicker and the grilled Sardines taste better than anywhere else in the country. The people are enthrallingly candid, sometimes defiantly stubborn or plaintively silent, but mostly they like to laugh out loud, and are nevertheless entirely conscious of tradition. A trip to the Algarve will take you to a different time zone, away from the constant bustle of middle-Europe to a calmness, typical for the Algarve, that is hard to resist. Inland the clock ticks differently again, and your curiosity for the country and its people will grow with every kilometre. This book will lead you to 111 incredible places off the beaten track.