111 Places in Buenos Aires That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Buenos Aires
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (nearly 2.9 million people call Buenos Aires home) and the tourist market
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
For centuries a great variety of immigrants and visitors have come to the Río de la Plata, making it one of the most diverse and contradictory cities in the world. Dictatorship and protest, wealth and crisis, street art and opera, shopping malls and autonomous groups: the capital of Argentina is a never-ending journey of historical and cultural discovery, much more than tango, football and beefsteak. A floating supermarket, a secret tunnel, a monument to Red Riding Hood and an emerging vegan subculture – in this book Buenos Aires will surprise you 111 times over.