111 Places in Gran Canaria That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Gran Canaria
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 840,000 people call Gran Canaria home) and the tourist market (more than 4 million people visit Gran Canaria every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Every year, almost four million people visit the third largest of the three Canary Islands to sunbathe and enjoy the lovely climate. Others prefer to hike in the mighty mountains. And some just stay close to the capital of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and dive into the urban bustle. The island offers a personal paradise and a refuge for people who need a respite from everyday life. Rolando invites us to discover remote places, hidden gems, and quiet corners away from the throngs of vacationers. He knows every road on the island, and he shares many of his favourite insider tips in this guidebook. Gran Canaria will always be a tourist destination, but you will be surprized and enchanted by the diversity here. Discover the island far away from the all-inclusive resorts. “Va a flipar!” as they say here – “you will flip out with happiness”.