111 Places in Myanmar That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Myanmar
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 53 million people call Myanmar home) and the tourist market (more than 3.4 million people visit Myanmar every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Myanmar is a land of many contrasts. Fascinating discoveries await in the dense crowds of the capital metropolis, as well as in the remoteness of the Chin Mountains. When you go beyond the tourist highlights in Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake, you can now experience the authentic Myanmar. Many regions have been inaccessible for decades, which is how so many places of breathtaking originality and rare cultural achievements survived. The co-authors offer knowledgeable and entertaining insights into their own favourite places and lead you to the secluded and impressive gems. How do you paint pictures using gemstones? Where do you find white elephants? Why do you dry tea in an old colonial school? And who lives in the last village off the Himalayas? 111 Places in Myanmar That You Shouldn’t Miss gives extensive insights into the history, geography and culture of this magical country. Learn about the special and intriguing places where new worlds open up.