- One of the finest remaining American Country Place Era estates in the United States
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- A USA Today 'Top 10 Botanical Garden'
- Year-round destination for seasonal festivals and world-class exhibitions of outdoor sculpture and works of art
One of the finest remaining American Country Place era estates in the nation, Cheekwood is a 55-acre historic estate, comprised of a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with historic rooms and art galleries in Nashville, Tennessee. Formerly the family home of Leslie Cheek and his wife Mabel Wood, investors in the family Maxwell House Coffee Business, the extraordinary 1930s estate designed by Bryant Fleming features a Georgian mansion, formal gardens, and expansive views and vistas. Today, Cheekwood serves the public showcasing 12 distinct gardens, 7,000 works in its permanent collection as well as traveling exhibitions, and a mile-long woodland trail featuring modern and contemporary outdoor sculpture. This richly illustrated book explores its historic origins as a private estate and traces its evolution as a public institution to the beloved destination that it is today.
- Scala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- 30th Mar 2021
- USA & Canada
- 8.66 in x 10 in
- 128 Pages