Sydney Opera House
- Richly illustrated with images and stories, this is your perfect souvenir of the The Sydney Opera House
- A new guide to this architectural masterpiece and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The Sydney Opera House is one of the most recognizable buildings in the world
- Looks at the history of the entire site, construction and development of the The Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House is one of the most recognizable buildings in the world. Fusing ancient and modernist influences and situated on a site sacred to the Gadigal people for thousands of years, it is Australia’s premier tourist attraction, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site and one of the busiest performing arts centers in the world.
While the tale of The Sydney Opera House is one of breathtaking triumph, it is also one of personal cost. Its Danish architect, Jørn Utzon (1918–2008), left Australia midway through construction and never returned to see his masterpiece completed – a building that, according to Frank Gehry, ‘changed the image of an entire country’.
This souvenir guide traces the history of this extraordinary building – one that is synonymous with inspiration and imagination – through a beautifully realized combination of photography, text and quotes.
- Scala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd
- 16th Jun 2022
- Paperback / softback
- USA & Canada
- 7.48 in x 7.48 in
- 88 Pages