The Fascination of Certified Pre-Owned Watches
- An exciting new entry in teNeues’ successful series of books about watches (more than 100,000 copies sold of The Watch Book series)
- A watch book with a unique focus: less technical and more emotional; the watch nerds will get their Ref numbers but it’s also about lifestyle, pop culture and fashion
- Featuring famous movie watches and famous watch wearers, from Rihanna to Ryan Gosling
- Pre-owned is a fast-growing market and one consequence is a transition of the target group – Timeless Treasures is the perfect book for a new diverse luxury watch community
- The book offers helpful tips for passionate watch collectors and potential new customers
- Six different authors offer different perspectives and share their passion for watches: a watchmaker, an auction house’s watch specialist, a fashion expert etc
In a 2021 study, McKinsey describes Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) within the watch market as ‘the industry’s fastest-growing segment’. The trade in pre-owned watches is expected to overtake that in new watches by the middle of the decade. ‘Certified Pre-Owned’ is thus a booming trend. Pre-owned watches are becoming increasingly popular for various reasons: CPO makes classic watches and exclusive rarities accessible to connoisseurs, but also to new customers. Since the fine pieces are authenticated by experts, the market offers security. Above all, however, the CPO business enables an emotional approach: buyers get watches with a history that they can perpetuate themselves and then pass on to the next generation. Dive into the fascinating world of watches and watch collecting with Timeless Treasures.
Does a good watch really have to be expensive? What factors determine the condition of a watch? What should I look for when buying? Are CPO watches a good investment? These and many other questions are answered here by leading experts in the field.
But you will not only find useful information for building your own high-quality collection. You will feel the passion for elegant timepieces on every page of this book. Discover first-class photographs of classic and current watch models from the major brands, of celebrities professing their passion for this accessory, or of legendary film scenes in which special watch models play supporting and leading roles.
The reading is rounded off with a ‘style guide’, which offers watch lovers inspiration on how to perfectly stage their favorite pieces in every situation or also answers the question: What type of watch am I?
The result is an emotional all-round portrait of the impressive world of CPO watches, perfectly attuned to an ever larger and more diverse fan community. It’s time to let a little luxury into your life with this book!
Text in English and German.
- teNeues Books
- 19th Oct 2023
- USA & Canada
- 9.65 in x 12.36 in
- 256 Pages
- 200 color