111 Museums in New York That You Must Not Miss
Territory: USA & Canada
Size: 5.25 in x 8 in
Illustrations: 111 color
Name of series: 111 Places/111 Shops
- The ultimate insider's guide to New York's museums
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 300 titles and 1.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 20 million people call the New York metropolitan area home) and the tourist market (more than 60 million people visit New York City every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
New Yorkers love their museums. It's an obsession. From Gauguin to gangsters, finance to food, New York City has the richest museum culture in the world. Only here, can a former run down tenement, be transformed to one of the most beloved museums in the city. And for New Yorkers, simply finding the best museums is an urban sport itself; a personal quest to seek out the cool, the curious and the uncanny.
Consider this book your little cheat sheet. A treasure guide to the secret corners of the iconic museums, a field guide to the little museums you never dreamed existed. Dive in. Press pause from the world and discover a curated reality. We learn, we grow, we are amused and inspired. And when we leave, we feel a little more connected to the city around us, and to ourselves. And that's what being a New Yorker is all about.
What the press have said about this book...
“…zeroes in on lesser-known locations, making the city’s smaller museums, and the quirky collections they honor, come alive.” - NY Daily News
“Cool museums that might be under your New York City radar.” - “Today in New York,” WNBC-TV