111 Places in Vancouver, BC That You Must Not Miss
Territory: USA & Canada
Size: 5.25 in x 8 in
Illustrations: 111 color
Name of series: 111 Places
- The ultimate insider's guide to Vancouver
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 250 titles and 1.5 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 630,000 people call Vancouver home) and the tourist market (more than 10 million people visit Vancouver every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Often referred to as Canada's 'Evergreen Playground' Vancouver is a unique and breathtakingly beautiful city nestled between the ocean, mountains and forests. Its pristine fresh surroundings and mild laid back climate has always attracted artists, writers, thinkers and tinkers, and dreamers of every variety; over time they have left their indelible creative mark on this relatively young city. The outcome is a treasure trove of hidden sculptures, secret tree forts, quirky coffee shops, undiscovered galleries, eclectic stores, totem poles and bike lanes that wind around floatplanes and houseboats.
From the glistening new glass and chrome towers of Downtown, to the worn cobblestone streets of Gastown, and the red pagodas of Chinatown, each neighbourhood in the city contributes to a rich cultural mosaic. Diversity is not only celebrated in Vancouver, but it's as widespread as the city's frequent rain showers.
Just as the seawall, which winds its way around Vancouver's iconic Stanley Park presents a new and fresh attraction around every corner, 111 Places Vancouver puts you on a path to discover new insights and perspectives on Canada's beloved west coast gem.