111 Churches in London That You Shouldn't Miss
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- The ultimate insider's guide to London
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (nearly 9 million people call London home) and the tourist market (more than 30 million people visit London every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Full Description111 Churches in London That You Shouldn’t Miss takes you through the doors of 111 rarely visited churches, but which, with the help of this informative guide are now on the map! With their spires, towers, columns and capitals, vaults and arches, carvings and paintings, London churches tell us a lot about its architecture and its history. And with their beautifully carved fonts, pulpits, carvings, mosaics and decorative objects, they show you centuries of skill and labor that went into making these buildings for which the main objectives were majesty, endurance and posterity. Following the little black crosses on her mini A to Z, Londoner Emma Rose Barber takes you to a ultra-modern church made in the Brutalist style, to a church once so dark, and now so light, a bombed church, now hollowed out, containing the most romantic garden in London, to churches where you can sip coffee in the aisles and nave…