111 Places for Kids in Bristol That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Bristol for locals and experienced travelers
- Features interesting and unusual places for kids not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 520,000 people call Bristol home) and the tourist market (more than 460,000 people visit Bristol every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Welcome to the home of Wallace and Gromit, and Blackbeard and Banksy. Bristol is where the world’s first solid chocolate bar was created (Ribena was also invented here) and you can still watch delicious chocolate creations made by modern day Willy Wonkas. The city has a hidden castle (you just need to know where to look) and secret vaults underneath the Clifton Suspension Bridge only rediscovered recently after being hidden for more than 100 years. Climb inside these vaults, or into the cockpit of the final Concorde to fly or ride your skateboard in what used to be a swimming pool. If water is your thing, you can surf guaranteed waves at an inland surfing lake or take a trip in a boat that used to fight fires. Science and art collide at We The Curious, which has the UK’s only 3D planetarium.
If you think you know Bristol, think again. Allow this book to be your guide to Bristol’s best bits for kids.
- Emons Verlag GmbH
- Publish date
- 24th May 2023
- Paperback / softback
- USA & Canada
- 5.31 in x 8.07 in
- 240 Pages
- 111 color
- Name of series
- 111 Places/Shops
Browse Our Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.