111 Places in Baltimore That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Baltimore, fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (nearly 3 million people live in the Baltimore Metropolitan Area) and the tourist market nearly 27 million people visit Baltimore every year!)
- Revised and updated edition
There is possibly no city in the United States as misunderstood as Baltimore, and yet there are few that can match it in majesty. One of the oldest Great Cities of America, Baltimore is profoundly rich in history and culture. But its character is not only derived from its past: Charm City’s present and future belong to the thousands of artists and innovators who call it home. Baltimore is full of adventure and surprises. You’ll visit the site of one of the most notorious scenes in cinematic history, and the home of the gay divorcée who stole the heart of a king. You’ll hear music performed by future classical music stars, grab a bite at the last old-fashioned Polish smokehouse on the East Coast, and spend a day on a street art scavenger hunt. Whether it’s your first visit or your 20th, and even if you’ve lived here for a lifetime, you’ll embark on a journey of discovery through 111 fascinating spots across Baltimore.