111 Places in Hollywood That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Hollywood for locals and experienced travelers
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 18.6 million people call Los Angeles home) and the tourist market (more than 50 million people visit Los Angeles every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Hollywood represents the glorious goddesses and gods of cinema. It’s also a real neighborhood in Los Angeles with a grit and greatness all its own. Scout out the hidden secrets and learn the surprising stories that give this fabled area its unique and wonderful character. Explore the places where Hollywood legends have left their traces, and also visit an abandoned zoo, a clown-themed, feminist strip club, and a century-old monastery that bakes mythical treats. Go on a romantic ride on horseback through the Hollywood Hills, and visit a natural oasis with an unsolved murder. Get a tattoo where A-listers get inked, and sip cocktails near the oldest structure in California. Meet the artists, musicians, entrepreneurs, chefs, and neighbors along the way as this book guides you through the places of cultural significance and also the unsung spots that make up this living, breathing neighborhood with deep roots in the entertainment industry and far beyond.