111 Places in Philadelphia That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Philadelphia for locals and experienced travelers
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 6 million people call Philadelphia home) and the tourist market (more than 46 million people visit Philadelphia every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Still an arts powerhouse today, discover Philadelphia’s lesser-known contributions to American culture as the birthplace of the political cartoon and the rich history that followed, a hub of early American burlesque that led to Gypsy Rose Lee’s discovery, and a national model for public art with the country’s largest public arts program. Uncover the secrets of where to score a free music degree, enjoy free orchestral concerts, and catch free circus arts performances around the city. And if you’re searching for a painting so gruesome it was once considered too offensive for display but now calls two museums home, this book will tell you where to find it.
Whether your interests lie in high culture or the underground, the magnificent or the macabre, fitness or food, or even just the casually quirky, 111 Places in Philadelphia That You Must Not Miss will reveal something new to everyone, even lifelong residents.