111 Places in Portland That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Portland
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 250 titles and 1.5 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 2.2 million people call Portland home) and the tourist market (more than 8.6 million people visit Portland every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
'Keep Portland Weird' is just the tip of this delightfully bizarre city's iceberg. Though the City of Roses has experienced its fair share of changes in recent years, the spirit of 'Old Portland' lives in the shadow of gourmet donut shops and farm-to-table restaurants, and that's where the real adventure begins. Summon spirits at a haunted pizzeria. Let it all hang out at a nude beach on the Columbia River. Get your kicks at the world's only vegan strip club, and visit the world's smallest park (blink and you might miss it).
Throughout these pages, you'll learn about Portland's (at times sordid) past; relive the pioneers' grueling trek to Oregon; discover the strangest museums you've ever heard of, and get the scoop on the restaurants, bars, and coffee shops that don't come with an hour-long wait. Whether you're a frequent visitor or first timer; recent transplant or Portland native, you will discover 111 hidden places that prove Portland is weirder than you could have ever imagined.