111 Places in Toronto That You Must Not Miss
Log in to add this to your wishlist.
- The ultimate insider's guide to Toronto
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 250 titles and 1.5 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 2.6 million people call Toronto home) and the tourist market (more than 9.6 million people visit Toronto every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Full DescriptionToronto, from its humble beginning as Muddy York, has emerged as an exemplary, world-class city. As the 4th largest urban area in North America, it is a treasure trove of obscure, trend-setting Canadian places. Ranked as one of the world's leading places to live, it represents home to almost 20% of Canada's population. Toronto has become the nation's capital of business, culture, sports and entertainment. A place where you can take in the best of all sports, especially hockey, live music, art, and an award-winning culinary scene, all in a weekend. The city's strength and roots come from its diverse population. Toronto takes from its indigenous and British past, a welcoming and collaborative twist on this dynamic multicultural city. Toronto has been described as a city within a green space. Hike inner city trails along the many ravines. Ride in a canoe or skate along the water's edges. Take the longest streetcar ride in North America through flourishing neighborhoods, full of hidden gems to discover. Find the small artisanal ice creameries, wander the graffiti alleys, or make music at a karaoke cocktail lounge. Explore the allure of the 6ix, with 111 Places in Toronto That You Must Not Miss.