Book of Textiles
An inspiring journey through the enigmatic world of pattern and cloth
- For the first time, social-media art-curator sensation Stephen Ellcock turns his hand to textiles and fashion
- Lavishly illustrated with many previously unseen images from Karun Thakar’s distinguished textile collection
- Designed to appeal to anybody with an interest in art and visual culture, as well as textile experts and enthusiasts
- An illuminating journey into the splendors of nature and the infinite entanglements of the human condition
- Published in collaboration with Hali, the world’s leading textile publisher
Book of Textiles is a unique collaboration between bestselling author Stephen Ellcock and textile expert Karun Thakar. Together, they share an inspiring vision of the world through the medium of textiles, leading the reader on a journey into the splendors of nature and the infinite complexities of the human condition.
A social-media sensation, Ellcock is widely known for his online curation of artworks, while Thakar owns one of the world’s most important and varied textile collections. Through a spellbinding selection of more than 200 of the most significant, extraordinary and distinctive pieces in Thakar’s collection, these pages cover everything from fashion, costume and adornment to pattern and design, rituals and magic, pure abstraction and the sublime.
Combining Ellcock’s singular vision with Thakar’s expert eye, Book of Textiles is a ground-breaking compendium of wonders and a must-read for anybody with an interest in art and visual culture, as well as textile devotees, experts and enthusiasts.
- ACC Art Books
- Publish date
- 29th Sep 2024
- USA & Canada
- 7.09 in x 8.27 in
- 296 Pages
- 200 color