Secrets of Chinese Cooking Cookbook
- A cookery book infused with Chinese heritage - 75 easy to follow recipes
- New edition of the classic, bestselling traditional Chinese cookbook, a staple in Chinese and US kitchens for 83 years
- First printed in 1936, the book has been reprinted 68 times and has sold over 300,000 copies in China
- The present edition features a new preface and new introductions to chapters by Dolly's great-grand-niece, art collector and philanthropist Carolyn Hsu-Balcer
- Winner: Special Books. Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2020
The provinces of China are united by their love of a good meal. Each has their own specialties and methods of preparation - all of which are, of course, purported to be 'the best'. Rather than attempting to cover the entirety of Chinese cuisine, this charming little book instead focuses on recipes born from melding the author's favorite family menus with tips on traditional preparation and table etiquette as dictated by Confucius 2500 years ago. The result is an informative and delicious peek into the Chinese food culture of the early twentieth century. Requiring only minimal materials and expertise, the recipes are accessible and flavorful, while the insights into traditional Chinese eating customs will be of use for travelers hoping to dine authentically while abroad.
Chow! guides the reader through the basics - how to wash rice, serve tea and make noodles from scratch - before introducing them to a variety of dishes based around meat, seafood and vegetables. Whether you seek familiar tastes or adventurous dishes, Chow! has it all: from stuffed mushrooms and fried rice to minced pigeon, crab fat with green vegetables and duck tongue soup.
Text in English and Chinese.
- ACC Art Books
- 25th Mar 2020
- USA & Canada
- 4.92 in x 7.28 in
- 320 Pages
- 65 b&w