The 500 Hidden Secrets of Barcelona
- An insider’s guide to Barcelona’s hidden gems and lesser-known spots
- Written by a true local, filled with independent advice, based on thorough research and the author's personal opinions
- An inspirational and practical guide to the city’s most interesting places, buildings, restaurants, shops, museums, galleries, neighborhoods, gardens and cafes, into 100 lists of 5 secrets.
- Photography by Tino van den Berg
- A recently updated edition in Luster’s successful and attractive series of city guides
Where's the best place to go out on a Saturday night in Barcelona? What off-beat museums can be discovered after Sunday brunch (and where to have it)? Which locations offer the best viewpoints of the Catalan capital? What Gaudí buildings are essential? Where does Barcelona's modernizm reach its zenith? Where to take the children? What's the best place to buy wine? And where do the locals hang out?
The 500 Hidden Secrets of Barcelona reveals hundreds of good-to-know addresses, avoiding the touristy places and pointing out the urban details you are likely to miss. Mark Cloostermans, a Belgian journalist living in Barcelona, unlocks the various districts, pointing out historical details in the streets of the old town, taking you from green Montjuïc hill to the beach and back. The best places to eat halal, the must-visits for Barça fans and the various festivals you can plan your visit around: The 500 Hidden Secrets of Barcelona reveals it all.