The Art Deco Style
Great Designers & Collectors
- Richly illustrated history of Art Deco
- Written by art consultant Alastair Duncan
- Designs by Eileen Gray, Jean Dunand and Antoine Bourdelle, among many others
- Featuring legendary Art Deco collectors such as Jacques Doucet, Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld
- Perfect for antiques collectors, as well as fans of art, art history and design
This grand opus assembles the people and the pieces at the heart of the Art Deco movement at each stage of its enduring appeal. The Art Deco Style is richly illustrated with the work of legendary designers and decorators Eileen Gray, Paul Iribe, Antoine Bourdelle, Armand-Albert Rateau and Jean Dunand, among others.
Ever since its early 20th-century origins, Art Deco has fascinated and amused socialites, collectors and designers. Referred to at the time as moderne, the style largely took shape around a clientele of French fashion industry luminaries and wealthy international collectors. Art historians christened it during a second wave in the ’60s, while a third generation of afficionados entered the auction houses of the ’80s and ’90s, ready to invest in the most exquisite examples. Curated by art consultant and author Alastair Duncan, this detailed historical account is the gold-standard visual guide to the decorative arts.
- ACC Art Books
- 16th Nov 2023
- USA & Canada
- 10.83 in x 12.8 in
- 420 Pages
- 434 color, 66 b&w