The Impressionist Era
The Story of Scotland’s French Masterpieces
- A beautiful introduction to the art of the Impressionists and Post-Impressionists, written by one of the foremost experts in the field
- Includes a number of rarely seen works
- Filled with full-page images
- Forms an accessible introduction, underpinned by high levels of scholarship
A vibrant, colorful and beautiful book that introduces readers to Impressionism and Post-Impressionism. It explains the difference between the two movements and the main artists associated with each. Illustrations are drawn from the renowned and outstanding collection of French art held by the National Galleries of Scotland and they include a number of rarely seen works.
This book tells the fascinating stories of how key paintings and drawings found their way into the collection.
Artists include Monet, Millet, Gauguin, Bastien-Lepage, Charles Jacque, Troyon, Corot, Degas, Seurat, Van Gogh, Cézanne, Vuillard, Bonnard, Derain, Matisse, Legros and Rodin.
- National Galleries of Scotland
- 30th Dec 2021
- Paperback / softback
- USA & Canada
- 10.43 in x 9.65 in
- 136 Pages
- 100 color