The Life and Wines of Hugh Johnson
- Hugh Johnson is the world's best-selling wine writer, with the World Atlas of Wine being the most valuable and the Pocket Wine Book selling the most copies
- Multi-award winner, loved by anyone with an interest in wine and still with lots to say about our favorite drink
- His memoir, updated with the most recent 15 years covered, looks at his life through the memorable wines he has drunk and the amazing people and places he has known and visited
- Funny, warm, knowledgeable and worldly-wise, the reader will feel as though they are having an intimate dinner with Hugh
In this unique approach to understanding wine, Hugh Johnson, the world’s best-loved wine author, weaves the story of his own epic wine journey with an embracing view of everything he has discovered along the way. Almost without realizing it, the reader is drawn into a fascinating world; with each page turned, knowledge is gained and wine wisdom absorbed. Hugh takes us from the teetering ledges of the Mosel and majestic châteaux of the Médoc to the sylvan slopes of Windsor Great Park with a spring in his step and a tasting glass at the ready.
No one writes so infectiously on every aspect of wine, whether human or cultural, technical or historical. This book is peppered with anecdotes and personal recollections, infused with the sheer delight Hugh finds in his subject. It is a book with a story to tell and a mastery of wine to impart.
Previously published as Wine, A Life Uncorked 2005, now updated with new chapters.
- Academie du Vin Library Ltd
- Publish date
- 8th Aug 2022
- Paperback / softback
- USA & Canada
- 6.85 in x 9.61 in
- 252 Pages
- 40 colour, 10 b&w