Bond: Photographed by Terry O'Neill The Definitive Collection
ACC Art Books
Territory: USA & Canada
Size: 11.25 in x 12.75 in
Illustrations: 46 color, 107 b&w
- Iconic portraits and contact sheets from Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, Live and Let Die, Golden Eye and the Bond spoof, Casino Royale
- The new James Bond film, No Time to Die, releases world-wide in November 2020
- Documented by one of the world's greatest photographers: Terry O'Neill
- Contributions from actors including George Lazenby and Jane Seymour
- Includes a foreword by Robert Wade and Neal Purvis, screenwriters for the latest Bond film, No Time to Die
- Includes rare and unseen images
- The perfect gift for fans of James Bond
Terry O'Neill was given his first chance to photograph Sean Connery as James Bond in the film Goldfinger. From that moment, O'Neill's association with Bond was made: an enduring legacy that has carried through to the era of Daniel Craig.
It was O'Neill who captured gritty and roguish pictures of Connery on set, and it was O'Neill who framed the super-suave Roger Moore in Live and Let Die. His images of Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore are also important, celebrating the vital role of women in the James Bond world. But it is Terry O'Neill's casual, on-set photographs of a mischievous Connery walking around the casinos of Las Vegas or Roger Moore dancing on a bed with co-star Madeline Smith that show the other side of the world's most recognizable spy.
Terry O'Neill opens his archive to give readers - and viewers - the chance to enter the dazzling world of James Bond. Lavish color and black and white images are complemented by insights from O'Neill, alongside a series of original essays on the world of James Bond by BAFTA-longlisted film writer, James Clarke; and newly-conducted interviews with a number of actors featured in O'Neill's photographs.
What the press have said about this book...
"A Top Pick for 2020 Father's Day" - Kelli Acciardo, Parade
"While No Time to Die will be Craig's last time as 007, there is no sign the franchise is coming to a halt anytime soon. So grab your martini and take a look back at this unforgettable character's nearly 60 years of enviable spycraft." - Alexandra Schonfeld, Newsweek
“While the upcoming James Bond movie No Time To Die was pushed back until the fall, this collection of legendary photographer Terry O'Neill's on-set images—some never before seen—from Bond movies like Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, Live and Let Die, and Golden Eye, are a perfect way to prepare yourself for another dose of 007.” – Town & Country Magazine