111 Places in Milwaukee That You Must Not Miss
Territory: USA & Canada
Size: 5.25 in x 8 in
Illustrations: 111 color
Name of series: 111 Places
- The ultimate insider's guide to Milwaukee
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 250 titles and 1.5 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 1.5 miilion people call Milwaukee home) and the tourist market (more than 22.5 million people visit Milwaukee every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Just as its nickname, 'cream city', has nothing to do with beer or dairy, the city of Milwaukee itself is fraught with surprises. While it is undoubtedly the jovial land of beer and cheese (and brats, bowling and The Brewers, for that matter) the city is also a center for world-class art, architecture, culture and innovation, and has been since the 1800s.
Discover Milwaukee's most unexpected treasures - visit a 15th century French chapel, or a 425 million-year-old tropical reef. Throw a turkey at the nation's oldest sanctioned bowling alley. Watch an art museum flap its wings, or tour the city's only urban cheese factory to find out why cheese curds squeak.
Milwaukee, a city both stunning and charming, also possesses a dry, self-deprecating wit and goofy cleverness. Visit 111 amazing places that reveal this unique character, one that keeps Milwaukee's locals local, and beckons visitors back again and again.