111 Places in Austin That You Must Not Miss
Territory: USA & Canada
Size: 5.25 in x 8 in
Illustrations: 111 color
Name of series: 111 Places
- The ultimate insider's guide to Austin
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 400 titles and 2 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 950,000 people call Austin home) and the tourist market (more than 27 million people visit Austin every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
Austin is most definitely weird If by "weird", you mean quirky, offbeat, intriguing, and utterly lovable. The city shares that uniquely Texan pride of place, and yet it has an independent spirit and character all its own.
Locals and visitors alike should look no further than these pages to explore some of the weirdest corners of Austin. Try out the latest innovations in a technology petting zoo. Get your car washed among giant dinosaurs. If you dare, spend some time in a garden inspired by Alice Cooper. Soak up the sun on the only official nude beach in Texas. And, of course, in the city of music and food, catch a live show at the spot where Janis Joplin got her start, or enjoy soul food and soul music in someone's big backyard. Savor some of the best tacos and tamales in a city known for amazing Mexican food.
In this guidebook, you'll find out where all the secrets are hidden and learn the unknown stories behind them too. Whether you've lived here all your life, you're just passing through, or something in between, you'll become even more enamored with the capital of Texas in all its inventive, unabashed - and weird - glory.