111 Literary Places in London That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Literary London for locals and experienced travellers
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 9 million people call London home) and the tourist market (around 30 million people visit London every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Few, if any, cities have a literary history as rich as that of London. Writers have written about it; and lived, loved, stayed and died there. Here are 111 stories to be revealed. Among them are the lives of writers and their characters, and the plots and venue. Where can you see the first printed book in the western world, or visit the library with no books? Where did two poets marry secretly and then flee to Italy; and what happened when Sigmund Freud met Salvador Dalí? What is the mystery of the signed copy of Mein Kampf?
This is a guide to the capital unlike any other – not only enlightening to residents who may have thought that they knew their city (and their books), but the visitor, too. These are sights you shouldn’t miss – but which you’re unlikely to find without this book.
- Emons Verlag
- Publish date
- 11th Sep 2023
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Germany and Austria
- 205 mm x 135 mm
- 240 Pages
- 111 color
- Name of series
- 111 Places
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.