111 Places in Amsterdam That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Amsterdam
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (nearly 840,000 people call Amsterdam home) and the tourist market (more than 7 million people visit Amsterdam every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Amsterdam, sometimes called the ‘biggest small town in the world’, is a city with many different facets. It is the entertainment district of the Western world, a vibrant centre for international trade, and a venue for people and cultures from around the world to come together. Amsterdam is persistently traditional, and yet the city reinvents itself over and over again. You will find fine boutiques and avant-garde fashion trends, landmarked houses and houseboats that bob up and down on the canals, legendary music clubs and quaint pubs. In this discovery guide, Amsterdam insider Thomas Fuchs presents 111 exciting places that will delight visitors and surprise local residents. If you want to see how Amsterdam really ticks, this guidebook is for you.