111 Places in Atlanta That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Atlanta
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 486,000 people call Atlanta home) and the tourist market (more than 50 million people visit Atlanta every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
Atlanta gifts her visitors a generous dose of Southern hospitality and international culture steeped in history, flavours, and high-tech, all on the wings of progress and a keen eye on the future.
Let's explore the city from its Native American origins through the tumultuous U.S. Civil War, uncover contemporary oddities, and even venture all the way to 8,113 A.D. You'll meet Atlanta's first African-American millionaire, discover whose shrine features a golden toilet, explore sites along the city's journey to become a global leader in filmmaking, and learn the city's Grammy connections to the State song, 'Georgia on My Mind'. Striving to keep a grasp on her illustrious, rich history while simultaneously making magnificent strides, leaps, and bounds to continue growing as a major metropolitan area and international destination, Atlanta's 111 places will fascinate and surprise even Atlanta natives.