111 Places in Calgary That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Calgary - for locals and experienced travellers
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 1.3 million people call Calgary home) and the tourist market (nearly 7 million people visit Calgary every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
- Revised and updated edition
111 Places in Calgary That You Must Not Miss takes you on adventures across a city that is full of secrets and surprises. Walk in the footsteps of Calgary’s most flamboyant, diamond-covered madam. Pay homage at the grave of the region’s first Black cowboy, who became a legendary rancher. And admire an important buffalo hide robe at an Indigenous museum at the southwestern city limits. Learn about the birth of the Caesar – Calgarians know it’s neither an emperor nor a salad, but Canada’s most beloved cocktail. Discover the magic of Stampede Park when the rodeo is not in town. Beware of a ghostly lady who haunts a historic mansion. And find out if you’re brave enough to try a mouthful of prairie oysters.
Grab your toque, your sunscreen, and a friend, and go exploring. Calgary's true energy is all around you.