111 Places in Canterbury That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Canterbury
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/Shops series with over 250 titles and 1.5 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 43,400 people call Canterbury home) and the tourist market (more than 7.8 million people visit Canterbury every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
111 Places in Canterbury That You Shouldn't Miss captures Kent life as it should be - relaxed, carefree and brimming with the ancient and the modern. Take your pick of regal treats which include ancient churches, lengthy piers and in-your-face graffiti.
Seaside haunts and a village city display a county at the forefront of Europe that remains unmistakably English. Relics from Christianity's pioneers join modern art and literature in a cultural tangle that thrives to this day. Crazy golf, watery stories and wine to rival the continent's are all to be explored in this sun-soaked corner of the world. Kings, queens and archbishops vie for the local crown but jewels are all scattered around this region.