111 Places in County Durham That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to County Durham for locals and experienced travellers
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 860,000 people call County Durham home) and the tourist market (more than 19.7 million people visit County Durham every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
111 Places in County Durham You Shouldn’t Miss will unveil Durham’s secret depths and lesser-known delights, allowing it to step out from the shadow of its spectacular, UNESCO-listed cathedral and its highly-ranked university.
This small, hilly city has its gems, but the county’s historic towns (Bishop Auckland, Barnard Castle, Newton Aycliffe), by the water (Hartlepool, Seaham) and nestled away in its tiniest villages (Kelloe, Tow Law) are home to Durham’s true hidden wonders.
Discover the mysterious sea caves at Blackhall Rocks, or wander up Nose’s Point to Blast Beach. Traverse Durham city’s wonkiest staircase, or make your own mind up about the county’s most controversially-designed estate.
Marvel at Killhope’s working Waterwheel, and uncover the county’s famous coal mining past. Unearth disused collieries and quarries reclaimed by the overgrowth surrounding them.
Spot what’s left of a stone boar at Barnard Castle. Hear the real story behind Hartlepool’s most baffling local legend, and try to stand atop a haunted copse… if you dare.
- Emons Verlag
- 14th Jun 2022
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Germany and Austria
- 205 mm x 135 mm
- 240 Pages
- 111 color
- Name of series
- 111 Places/Shops
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.