111 Places in Houston That You Must Not Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Houston
- Features fascinating and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 2 million people call Houston home) and the tourist market (more than 22 million people visit Houston every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
- Revised and updated edition
Space City. Bayou City. Hustletown. Clutch City. Crush City. What’s the story behind all these nicknames? 111 Places in Houston That You Must Not Miss is your guide to the hidden stories behind the city’s monikers, stereotypes, and statistics. As America’s most diverse city, this book provides 111 different ways to explore Htown.
This illustrated guidebook is a readable tour of places representing the distinct personalities that make up the population of the nation’s fourth largest city. Traverse Houston’s massive landscape of strip malls and interstates, and you will find a city that not only embraces diversity, but transforms it into its own culture, where Hindu temples take up office space, an enterprising Vietnamese jeweller supplies the hip hop scene with bling, and one man’s mission to cover his house in beer cans is now a museum.
Whether you’re a native Houstonian or a newcomer, this book serves as both a good read and a resource for getting to know the city – one unique place at a time.
- Emons Verlag
- 8th Nov 2022
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Germany and Austria
- 205 mm x 135 mm
- 240 Pages
- 111 color
- Name of series
- 111 Places/Shops
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.