111 Places in Lancaster and Morecambe That You Shouldn't Miss
- The ultimate insider's guide to Lancaster and Morecambe
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 188,000 people call Lancaster and Morecambe home) and the tourist market (more than 14 million people visit Lancaster and Morecambe every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page colour photographs
- New and updated edition
Lancaster and Morecambe are like chalk and Lancashire cheese. So near, yet so far apart in what they offer. Morecambe, the traditional seaside resort, its ‘Bring me Sunshine’ favourite son Eric Morecambe and Victoria Wood’s ‘two soups’ cafe. Plus, its awesome 1930’s Art Deco Midland Hotel, haunt of Coco Chanel and Laurence Olivier.
Lancaster, with its Roman remains, its impregnable ‘John O’Gaunt’ castle and characterful Georgian buildings, built in part from slave-trade profits. Notorious Lancaster, known as the ‘Hanging Town’ for its use of the noose, with its fearsome castle cells that held Quaker maker George Fox.
Leave the crowds behind and embrace the true character of this story-filled region, one special place at a time.
- Emons Verlag
- Publish date
- 12th Jun 2023
- Paperback / softback
- World excluding Germany and Austria
- 205 mm x 135 mm
- 240 Pages
- 111 color
- Name of series
- 111 Places
Distributed by ACC Art Books
Please log-in or create an account to see your recent items.